Predominately grown in Japan, matcha is a form of green tea you’ll never find inside a tea bag. Instead of being infused in water like other teas, matcha is actually finely ground into a powder that you dissolve in your cup. This produces a jade green drink bursting with antioxidants and a slightly sweet, earthy flavor.
Highly valued for its alert and calming properties, matcha is so valued in Japanese culture Buddhist monks traditionally drink it to prepare for their focused meditation sessions. Best of all, all the nutrients of tea are found within the leaves, which is why matcha has long been considered an ‘elixir for health’ throughout East Asia.
Amongst its many health benefits, matcha…
- Is packed with antioxidants including the powerful EGCg
- Boosts metabolism and burns calories
- Detoxifies effectively and naturally
- Calms the mind and relaxes the body
- Is rich in fiber, chlorophyll and vitamins
- Enhances mood and aids in concentration
- Provides vitamin C, selenium, chromium, zinc and magnesium
- Prevents disease
- Lowers cholesterol and blood sugar
Matcha tea is an easy and simple way to add powerful health benefits to your everyday diet.